This year the P.E.I . Intermediate Honour Band will rehearse from January 26th – January 28th with the storm dates set for the following weekend.
Honor Band Weekend: Friday, January 26th-Sunday, January 28th
Honor Band Storm Dates: Friday, February 2nd-Sunday, February 4th
Eastern Honor Band Sectional Day: TBA
Western Honor Band Sectional Day: TBA
Guest Conductor: Richard Bennett
Students should always use the entrance off of the Simmons parking lot not the main doors off of North River Road. Students are asked to have a change of footwear while at Queen Charlotte. This is for their comfort and helps keep our school clean.
Friday, Jan.27, 2017
5:15 Registration in Queen Charlotte Cafeteria.
8:45 Parents pick up students
Saturday, Jan. 28, 2017
8:30 Set-up/Warm-up at Queen Charlotte
2:45 Load instruments on truck and take bus to Murphy’s Bowling Center
5:00 Pizza Party at the Delta
6:15 Rehearsal at Delta Convention Center
8:00 Final Business
8:30 Students go home- Parents pick up students at the PEI Convention Center/Delta Hotel
Sunday, Jan.29, 2017
12:00 Arrive PEI Convention Center/Delta Hotel
12:30 Dress rehearsal
- Be on time with instrument, all honors band music and a sharpened pencil for all rehearsals.
- Honor Band performance uniform will be black pants and the Honor Band t-shirt that will be handed out on Saturday night.
- Please no outdoor foot wear in the band room.
- You will need proper gym gear including sneakers for Saturday afternoon at the Murphy’s Center.
- You will also need a lunch on Saturday.(Billets hosts are asked to provide a lunch for visiting students). There is not enough time for students to go out for lunch on Saturday.
- It is important that parents know the schedule for weekend in order to drop off and pick-up students on time at the proper locations.
This year’s Honor Band will be held on Friday, January 27th – Sunday, January 29th. Our guest conductor will be Jonathan Dagenais.
Stay tuned to this blog for more information as it becomes available.